Saturday 28 May 2011

Turing (pronounced "during")

The Saturday and Sunday of Good for Nothing (GFN) are a bit of a blur.

I could forensically sift emails, tweets and photographs to try and piece together how it all happened but I'm not going to. What if I actually managed to describe what happened? Would anything be lost? Would I be thrown out of the Hackers' Circle for revealing who's passing the rabbit up through the hole in the table?

Not to worry. The chances of me usefully describing the process are slim. I've been trying to describe what happens at events similar to GFN for four years now and I'm still not happy with how I do it. I could throw some words at you like spontaneous collaboration or creative socialforking but that wouldn't get us anywhere.

Suffice to say, stuff got done (link to shiny showcase, not just mock-up, to appear here soon we hope). I was talking to people before we even got started about how the work done at GFN could be built upon and we'll see some of this at Over the Air later in the year. The "After" post of this three-parter will explore this in more detail.

In the meantime, play with Enigmatic on Facebook/Twitter (facelift in development) and visit Bletchley Park. I'll be up for the third week running on May 29th to see the Hurricane, Spitfire & Lancaster flypast and to talk Young Rewired State. Maybe see you there.

Enigma sketch by Ben AKA @inthecompanyof

No comments:

Post a Comment